Monday, April 29, 2013

Goodness... What a week!

Goodness... What a week!

We are having a great time exploring and trying new things! We love the Lord and we love this work! Sister Grant is a strength to me at all times. She receives inspiration, follows promptings, serves with all her heart, might, mind, and strength,.... and just plain ROCKS! She helps me see more clearly and just makes life grand!

Let me share something we've learned together...

The Lord uses imperfect people to accomplish his eternal purposes.

He doesn't require us first to be perfect, but helps us become so as we turn everything over to Him.

I thought of running. No, our life's not just a race, it's a journey. But if we think about it, as we're going along, we need to exercise faith and endure to the end, which includes always seeking to improve and finishing strong--sprinting to the finish. As we do that, we need to accept and apply the Atonement. This means we need to believe in Christ as our Savior, follow His teachings, and know He atoned for us. Let me make that straight. We need to know HE atoned for US--individually. If we really have faith in Him, we know His atonement applies to us personally.
Now, as we run along, we have unexpected twists and turns, steep hills, rocky ridges, and rough spots. Sometimes there are trees or other obstacles in our way. Sometimes we feel weak, get tired, and we often stumble. Sometimes we even fall down. But with each experience, we learn more. Each time we take a fall, then take His hand to get up again, we have a little more information. We know to run with our feet a little farther apart, or to watch out for stumps, to slow down at turns and lean in, or things like that. But when we fall and then just sit there, mourning our loss and picking on our silly mistakes, we refuse His outstretched hand. In a sense we say to ourselves--and to Him-- "Look at how many times I've fallen. See how many mistakes I've made. I can't get up because I'll just fall down again. If I can't stay up all the time, I'll just stay down, thanks." In doing so, we do not progress. We give up our chance to move forward, have our bruises and bumps healed, and experience the breath-taking scenery that awaits around every bend. We give up the victory.

Why do we do that? Why would we give up what we want most only to sulk in the dimness of the forest floor? Maybe, if we really understood what He sees, we would take His outstretched hand and go again, knowing that whatever bumps lie ahead are nothing in comparison to the sunrise on the crest of the mountain, where the glory of the Son will swallow up each pain, heal each wound, drive away every fear and wipe away every tear.

I know that Christ's Atonement has power over all. I know He has conquered death, and each pain and sickness. Nothing is stronger than the power of the Atonement. If we will take His hand, He will guide us in our progression forward. May we exercise faith in Him, repent, renew our baptismal covenants, live worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end.

Maree, those quotes are fabulous and so are you! I can't tell you how much I need what you said. You are an angel and I'm so blessed. I'm going to copy and paste those quotes here so others can read them. Know you're my shero and you're in my prayers. I hope Heavenly Father sends me a cool conversation with you, too.

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives.  We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us.  We have to stop trying to prove something.  We have to learn to be content with what are are."  --Marjorie Pay Hinckley
"We simply cannot call ourselves Christian and continue to judge people- and ourselves- so harshly."  --Patricia Terry Holland

Dad, you are.... he. For sure! Ahahahah! Ah, chuckle. You are such a good man and I'm so thankful you're at the head of our household with Mommy. I'm glad you met Rae's friends and that they are good :) They better be!!!! Dad, I'm glad you're getting better, but I'm sorry it's sooo slow. Your faith is being tested, but I know you'll pass with flying colors! Have you ever wondered why they say that???

Aaron, I'm glad you got to visit my family! I hope things are going well in your first week of school. I expect a report on the thank-yous! Please be careful with all the driving and enjoy the beginning of a new semester! There is much to be learned! :D

Alyssa, you answered my prayers, too! I'm so grateful for your example. You handled that so well and humbly. It's amazing how much that relates to the running analogy. You're so good! And any boy would be a fool NOT to ask you on a date! It doesn't even take extra connections for that! ;) And I know Heavenly Father is blessing you for all you're doing and where your heart is.

Mom, I know just what you mean. It takes great effort as well as time to turn our will to Him, but it is so much better in the end. You are valiant and strong, and you are inspired and tender. I'm so glad I have you for a mommy. Say hi to the Haydens for me! They have a great daughter! Fantastic, actually. And she doesn't talk that fast...

If I can, I'd like to pick hymn #85, especially verses 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7, and share Isaiah 41:10. Good stuff!

The Tolentinos are great! They will be baptized in June due to WoW stuffs, but they are making great progress and are faithful church-goers! They are really accepting the gospel and it's amazing. As for others, we are really trying to find more like them! Please pray for us and them. I love and pray for you!

YOU'RE THE BEST!

love, sis r

No comments:

Post a Comment