Monday, May 6, 2013

May the 4th be with you! And.. Sinco de Mayo!

Haha we have an Elder Sinco in our district, so I figured yesterday could be his day for now :)

How is everyone over there? Still loving your guts from the heat of the Pilipinas! Sister Grant and I are loving our members, investigators, each other, and our sweet companions at the bahay--Sisters Hayden and Pascual. "Life could not be better... I choose the right down to the letter... Hey, look! My mom made me a sweater! ...And life could not be better!" Hehee good ol' Nephi! I need a sweater just about as much as he does right now!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMMICUS!!!!!! Goarsh I'm excited to honor your special day! I have Lou's bday card as well as your letter in the works and it'll be in the mail bukas! Exciting stuff! Or actually, probably in the mail wednesday since that's when we'll be by the office for Zone Conference. Looking forward to that!

Also looking forward to chatting with you! I forwarded President Stucki's email. I think he has never really discouraged skype and I actually prefer it and don't know how to do it with the phone, but he seems to prefer the call if it can be done that way. The thing is, how would I get to talk with Maree' if we did it that way? I'm not sure how to work it out at this point since we've only a week and don't email daily.

Mom, thank you so much for your faith and prayers. We've needed them. We've had some interesting challenges and have needed the boost. I appreciate it so much. THank you for being in tune. We really are okay, though! Don't you worry! I hope you'll get to say hi to m'dear Sis Grant on Mother's Day. She's so wonderful! I know you'll love her. We're going to be roommies or something because I'm going to convince her to come back to Rexburg!

We had an incredible meeting on Friday. It marked history! The first Mission Leadership Council meeting in the Philippines Manila Mission! And I got to be one of just a few sisters to attend! What a blessing! It is replacing Zone Leader Conference now. It was a meeting of revelation and inspiration. I'm excited for more of that at Zone Conference (which includes ALL the missionaries in several zones, unlike ZLC, which only included Zone Leaders). It will be awesome!

THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE!!!! It was so oooo oooooo oooooo fun! IS so fun!!!! HOW DID THEY THINK OF THOSE CAKE PEEPS?!?!?!? I want to give those brilliant people a big kiss on the elbow and shake their hands!!! Traditional Philippines culture... JOKE! There are no elbow-kissers here :D Hehee just thought I'd keep you on your toes! But I would definitely bless them the Philippino way!

Just so you know, the Tolentinos are doing well! They've quit what they need to and we're going to get the baptism and everything fixed so we have an exact goal later tonight. It had to be moved because of the Word of Wisdom, but so far, so good!

We had another investigator come for the first time this week! Pretty exciting. I think she was welcomed well. We'll see if we can convince her to let go of the Catholic stuff and dive into the Book of Mormon. So far, so good!

We also have a few members who seem close to beginning their return! They are great and we're really trying to help them see how important it is for their happiness. So far, so good!

Hehee, I love Anne! Count me in! But that Star Wars will always be a part of me...

Shoot a mile, I gotta run. I love you all!!!!! Give Sis STROMBERG a HUUUUUGE hug for me!!!! i love you, SIs!!! How are you doing>?!??!?

love, Sis R

No comments:

Post a Comment