Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Monday/Sunday to you! HAPPY EASTER!

I hope you had a great one! We sure did :) It was rather miraculous, actually. 

On Thursday evening, we took a tricycle home (one of those crazy little cart things attached to a motorcycle. common vehicle of the Philippines). We got out at our apartment and I was getting the money to pay him when he asked us a question about what religion we were. This is a common question, so we answered, not thinking too much of it, but of course hoping that he might be receptive. To our surprise, he most definitely was. I felt a great calm come over me as I testified of simple truths to answer a few of the questions he had. Sister Hayden did the same. We only had maybe 2-3 minutes before we should be in our apartment and the Spirit guided us to say and ask the right things to make those few minutes meaningful. He opened up to tell us that he actually lost a child several years ago, at age six, to illness. We could see this had been a great struggle for him and we testified of God's eternal plan for families and how our message could help his family. He readily agreed to allow us to visit them. We went there on Saturday and were blessed to have 2 members with us whose testimonies were powerful and vital to the overall effect of that first lesson. Brother Tolentino committed to come to church the following day and bring his three children. When we extended the same invitation to Sister, she immediately declined, but we felt that over time that may change. She had mentioned a time or two how she doesn't just go to church just because others go. She wants to go on her own, when she wants to. 
Yesterday, sacrament meeting began and we were happy to see our few investigators who made it, but sad to see that Brother had not come. After uplifting talks of the Savior by the bishopric, we got up to leave to go to Gospel Essentials. Just then S. Hayden said excitedly, "Look, Sister! Brother Tolentino came!" There he was, standing in the back, being greeted by a member of the bishopric, with his WHOLE FAMILY :D Even Sister came!!!! To add to our excitement, we had a powerful lesson about the Atonement in Gospel Essentials and were spiritually fed. And in the last combined class, we talked about becoming self-reliant so that we can be neighbors, like the good Samaritan. They were so attentive and it was a great experience for them.
We go back to teach them tomorrow and we pray that their progress will continue as they receive the restored gospel and prepare to make and keep sacred covenants. 

I have been yearning to find a family that we can teach and baptize together for most of my mission! I know that God has prepared them and will help us find those He is preparing. 

I hope you know how blessed you are! I'm so so sooooo excited for General Conference! And you get it a week sooner than we do! But we'll have our fast sunday this coming week and that will be good to help us prepare. Please again pick some of your favorite things that helped or touched you most and I'll look for them :) THANK YOU!

Mom, that article by E. Teh is wonderful! And you know what??? HE'S OUR AREA PRESIDENT! hehee cool, huh? One temple day, I sat with Sister Stromberg on my left... And E. and Sis. Teh entered the session! Sis. Teh sat at my right! And it was SOOOOPER  cool! :D felt really special. They are very nice and strong people. Speaking of Stromberg, are you going to her homecoming??? She leaves in a week and I can hardly believe it! She turned one year when we were first companions. How time flies!

Who am I again in the ninja clan?? Haha I LOVE MY SIBLINGS~!!!!!

Mom... I'm so excited to really ponder on the things you've shared with me. Thank you so much! I wish that I were able to receive such divine direction in such a vivid and unforgettable way. I guess I do, but it's just different. 

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND INSIGHTS.... They are felt and answered, applied and appreciated. YOU"RE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

SOrry i don't get to respond properly or wrap this up... i spent a little too much time story telling. Our God is still a God of miracles! Ether 12. I LOVE YOU ALL!

love your pics, Aaron! THank you!!!

Better next time, promise.

love sis. r

No comments:

Post a Comment