Thursday, July 11, 2013

Work of Salvation.

This was a powerful week, I tell you what! It was pretty fabulous! We had some really interesting moments and just about lost our guts laughing so hard and our predicaments... So on friday, we reveiwed the baptismal interview questions with brothers Regie and Robert. They are fantastic and so prepared. They are truly repentant and converted. Brother Regie is the husband of a recently returned member and their daughter will also be interviewed by Bishop for baptism. Robert is Regie's brother and is one of the funniest people on the planet and so incredibly converted to Christ and His gospel. This would, I believe, be a completed family... I'll have to double check on that.  As we reviewed the BIQs, there were a couple things that came up, so we needed to contact President Stucki so he could interview them. Their interview with our district leader was the following day (saturday) so it could be announced in church on sunday. Well... President's been incredibly busy with the mission split and he was unable to get back to us til saturday afternoon. In the mean time, we thought they'd still be interviewed b/c that's what our zone leader advised, but we get there and ...no one's there. And Sister Grant steps in gum. We laugh really hard and then  start to text the Nedia family after hearing from our district leader that we'll just wait til President can interview them, but just then their family pulled up in the tricycle... That was fun. So we informed them and went back to where we had lessons. President called yesterday morning and was able to attend our ward conference and then interview brothers Robert and Regie while Sister Stucki attended and really spiritual gospel principles class about the Sabbath Day with us. After the interview, President said to us, "Well sisters, they'll make great members of the Church!" I fully agree! They will be baptized on saturday, July 6th at 4pm. I am very honored to be the only one of the 4 of us who taught them (they were in S. Hayden and S. Pascual's area, so we've only been teaching them a few weeks since the sisters were moved to another ward) to be able to attend their baptism. I did so little, but it's been a huge blessing for me to witness a portion of their conversion.  It's a new transfer starting this wednesday and Sister Grant will be leaving me :( ...so will Sister Hayden :( I'm going to miss them so much!!! We don't know where S. Grant will be yet, but I know she'll be awesome! And Sister Hayden will rock it in a new area, shotgun training! And S. Pascual and I will still be ka-bahay, and she'll have a new missionary to train! I will be staying in Pasay 1st, trying to prepare it for a set of elders to join in the work in August, and serving as a Sister Training Leader. It will definitely keep me busy. There is so much to do and I fear this last transfer will fly by far too quickly. The Lord is hastening His work, as I'm sure you all felt in the Work of Salvation broadcast! It was so inspiring! It's really happening and we're so blessed to be a part of it! The best part of all of it is... THE FAMILY! It's all about our families and our big, eternal family! And I'm so proud of my own, who are doing their part in the work of salvation! Joseph HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're 14 years old, so big, and even bigger spiritually! I'm so blessed, of all the brothers I could have in this world, YOU were IT! You're the best and my favorite :D Thank you for being an example of Christlike leadership in the priesthood, at every age. Congratulations on your ordination to the office of a teacher! You will continue to be blessed as you bless your fellow quorum members. You are a blessing to all those around you! I will be praying for all of you. I know there are struggles that you are facing. Satan's influence is rampant and there is nothing he would desire more than to ensnare a stalwart person, such as yourself. Be constantly aware and strive to ever listen to the still, small voice of the Spirit. He will guide, protect, and comfort you. Daddy, your email was magulo and nakakatawa! So you! You're working so hard and are such an inspiriation to me. Thank you! The same to you, Mommy dear! You are such a strong influence for good in the lives of all those around you. Thank you for your faithful prayers and sacrifices! I'll get on my way and send a little message to Raisy-Days and Lou-lou Bug. I love you all! I know Christ lives and this is His Church! I know His work is that of salvation-- for all mankind! Have a marvelous week!!!! Sister Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment