Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sweet is the Peace

What a busy week!!! And it's about to get busier! We went on exchanges with our kabahay-- two sweet sisters that live in our apartment. Sisters Pascual and Belardo are AWESOME! They are fantastic missionaries and it was a great experience. I learned a lot working with Sis. Belardo in my area. She opened her mouth everywhere and we found many new investigators! Sister Richey and I have been.. for lack of a better term, tearing it up! It's been a fast-paced week and we feel delightfully exhausted each night when we come home. Last night, we went with a member to his family's home and taught his mom and younger siblings. WOW! Those people are so prepared! They will be baptized in August and we need to exercise our faith as we try to help one brother work out his insane work schedule to be able to always attend church and read the scriptures. They are wonderful! Brother Noni will be asking today for his day off to be sunday and we are praying for him. His baptism is on the 27th, so this is a critical time. That's how it is for Joyvin, too, who is quitting a long-time addiction to prepare to enter the waters of baptism on August 10th... along with Rezzie and Redelyn Tolentino! I feel like it's really going to happen this time. They really are going to be able to gain a testimony and be baptized as long as they keep reading every day like they did this last week. It is a time of miracles. I want to share with you what I've been learning about faith, hope, charity, and love. They are all so closely related. I know that we need them all to be able to press forward, with steadfast faith in Christ, endure to the end, and receive eternal life. (2 Nephi 31:20). We obtain a hope for eternal life as we exercise faith in Jesus Christ, repent, are baptized for a remission of sins and continuously renew our baptismal covenant, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end by making and keeping sacred covenants. As we do this, we grow in love for God and our fellow men. We desire their happiness and salvation. We also become more like Jesus Christ as we study His words and live after His example. His gospel is real. His atonement is, too. I know He lives and I will do anything to know Him. Thank you for your love and support always! I'm so sorry if I haven't always responded directly to your correspondence with me. You are the best family and friends anyone could ask for! Stay true! Stay strong! And God will ever bless you! We're excited to do a couple more exchanges this week. I get to work with my dear, beloved Sister Grant again!!! What a huge blessing! And the next week..... PALAWAN!!! Haha I'm incredibly excited! We get to do exchanges with the 3 sister companionships over there, so we'll be there for three days. I'll take lots of pictures, though I'm not sure how quickly I'll get them to you! Both Sister Richey and I have never been there, so it will be an adventure! We'll do all we can to learn from and help the wonderful sisters there! Good luck, Daddy on finals! I love you muchly and muchly! Aaron and pals, so proud of you and all you're doing! Keep up the great work! Aaron, so sorry I didn't say happy bday 2 weeks ago, but I thought of you on your birthday! You rock!!! Mommy, you're a shero! Love you sooooo much! Any luck with registration yet? If not, don't sweat! All is well! Keep takin care, all y'all, of my beloved siblings, you hear???? LOVE YOU!!!! Sister Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment