Monday, March 4, 2013

Dearest loved ones

Dearest loved ones, 

This has been an interesting few days. First of all, I was shocked out of my mind to find out I was transferring.... to Pasay City. WOW. As in least-expected zone in all of our mission, besides Narra because it's still off-limits for Sisters. IT NEVER EVEN CROSSED MY MIND. I'll be honest and tell you I wanted to go ANYWHERE but back to the city... I would have chosen Narra if I had a say! I love me my province. It's just nice in every way. But I'm not the one who decides. It's God.

So I got here. I said goodbye to my sweet and wonderful anak and my best ward missionary friend Joyce and her sweet tatay and hello to... Sister Hayden! A sweet new missionary! I was really surprised to find out that I was following up her training. I thought we got some kind of notice for that, but I guess not :) 

Well, long story short, Sister Hayden is about the sweetest person on the face of the planet. She is incredibly humble and selfless. I am already learning so much from her. She is from Washington and loves rain --surprise!-- and is such a smarty when it comes to the gospel and missionary work. She loves it and she helps me see things I never saw or understood before. I need her. And I feel like, even if for nothing else, she's the reason I'm here in Pasay. We need each other. I know Heavenly Father has great plans in store for both of us and for our area. We have fantastic leaders. Meetings with the members are so great and I was warmly received to this ward. We've got great work to do together!

Lou, CoNgRaTs!!! You'll do a fantastic job! Get it recorded if you can, so I can watch or at least listen when I get home!

Dad, your hidden messages were "disregarded", loud and clear! :D Haha you're fun. I love the ocean. It makes me soooo happy. I miss seeing it. There's no ocean in the city. Just... buildings. But hey. There's fast food.. haha like I care! The Mannings sure are good people! And so's that Aaron fellow. Give them all a big wave and a nice firm handshake for me :D teehee. Thank you for the happy message I always look forward to from you! Food for the soul.

Mom, I know He really does bless us as we seek His will and do our part. Please tell dear Aunt Teri that there is no such thing in the Philippines :D She really should come. I received a response from her and emailed her back. I was worried that they couldn't come for other reasons, but if she is just worried about getting in the way, I say with all assurance of heart, that I INVITED YOU, SILLY! :D Just do it! I want the whole world to come! I want everyone we know and love to meet these people and experience their unique ways. They are so humble. 

Your progress, my dear family, I often feel surpasses mine. The Lord is blessing us tenfold.

Goodness, Mom, you just know! How do you just know?!?!?! You are SO in-tune and I am so blessed to call you Mom. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I am living proof of answers to the prayers you have sent Heavenward. I have been so blessed because of your faith, and the faithful prayers of family and friends around the world. THANK YOU! I also pray for you. 

Maree', I don't have words to express what I want to about what I've read of your email so far. That will be my next project. But I want to tell you that you're right on the money. Back to the basics. I had a beautiful experience with the Atonement yesterday and earlier this morning. Sister Hayden and I discussed how, central to and behind all the principles and ordinances of the gospel, all the doctrines of salvaion, all commandments and covenants, is the Atonement. It was the answer to the search I've been on. Focusing on my purpose as a missionary, on the first principles and ordinances of the gospel and inviting others to do it, essentially is focusing on Christ and His Atonement. It's that simple. It doesn't require fancy footwork or a mega-mind. It just requires us--just as we are. And He will make of us more than we could ever make of ourselves; just a little at a time. 

Aaron, what you did was so noble and wonderful! I'm so proud and I think you're great! What's that big word there mean? the multibillion-dollar ...thingy?

Love you all more than words!

sis r

No comments:

Post a Comment