Sunday, February 10, 2013

MIRACLES and more!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wonderful family!

I want to share with you the incredible experience we had, by the prayer of faith.

Yesterday, we had a missionwide fast for an increase in faith, as well as a couple other things. Talk about a powerful experience! Just knowing every missionary, as well as our President, his wife, and his counselors were fasting at once was powerful. President Stucki has been inspired to focus on faith and the miracles that follow if we pray and work in faith. Our God is truly a God of miracles. He has been and always will be.

Yesterday morning, we got a text from the Santos family. For a quick background on them, they are FANTASTIC! They are reading the Book of Mormon faithfully, praying together and individually, attending church, and just wanting so much to be baptized. The only reason they aren't already is because Sister was married to someone else before and there is no legal divorce in the P. They can get an annulment, but it is insanely expensive. Not affordable for the average Filipino. So the rule by President is that if they have a former legal spouse, but are separated from them and now have another, they have to have been with their current spouse (because they can't get married a second time) for 5+ years and have a very good relationship before they can be baptized. Bro. and Sis. Santos have only been about 2 1/2 years... So they are doing all they can and waiting until 2015/2016 so they can be baptized! Amazing, I know. So, we received a text from them yesterday saying that they didn't have money to come to church and were really sad they couldn't make it. We were really sad, too. We had just taught about the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day holy and they had firmly committed to do so... Sis. Santos also has a couple friends who were supposed to attend with them, one of whom will be baptized this coming March 2. I began praying that somehow, they would be able to make it. I felt a sense of peace that wouldn't leave me. It wouldn't let me be discouraged or worry about how it could happen. They live quite far from the church and probably couldn't walk because their son has fairly severe asthma.We just prayed. We asked for help for them and for others to be able to attend.
We got to church and were greeting people. We were so excited to see some wonderful people--early, even! Suddenly, someone grabbed my shoulder. I quickly turned to see Sister Santos standing there in her Sunday best! We excitedly greeted each other and I asked her how they made it. She said to me in Tagalog, "We found a way to come..."

My heart swelled to overflowing as the blessings poured down. The Sumilang family brought their two oldest children for the first time!!! And they brought their own families! I couldn't contain my joy when the meeting started and I looked over my right shoulder to see Brother Navarro sitting there! Bro. Navarro is a member  whom I love so much who hasn't come to church in the time I've been here. And he brought a friend! We were truly blessed beyond measure. We sang The Spirit of God... and like a fire it was burning. And after a wonderful sacrament meeting, the classroom for Gospel Essentials was absolutely crowded!

I just want to reaffirm to you that our God is a God of miracles. He was yesterday, He is today, and He will be forever.

Dad, it's all super good! Please give the Ellis' a good squeeze for me (in a cool, manly way, of course) and let Angus know he's got a letter on the way! Please be safe, Daddy! It's a dangerous world out there--bug-eat-bug type! So go slow on the ice and soak up the sun! Give Ann the.. ehem... lovely... a run for her money and everyone else a big hug! I'm going to interview with you when I get home! And for now, we'll have a good heart-to-heart in that very place. (hint: our hearts ;D )

Mom, I am so glad for what you've shared--all of it! Thank you again. And again and again. I know you can do it. I know you can. I'm completely convinced along with Dad and the rest, that you are superwoman. 'Nuff said. And, of course, yes, I know, it's because you rely on Him :) And all the better for it, love! I heard a song this morning on S. Fernando's flash drive that I've rename. It's called A Woman's Heart... It's now My Mommy's Heart. Not sure of the artist, but it completely describes you. As for Boo, I dont like those incredibly ugly dirty creatures either, but we've got powerful weapons, so we're safe :D Alyssa needs to show off her voice to me when I get home. Joseph needs to talk a lot so I can get used to his lowering speaking voice! Maree' is so cool to support her teammate with an eternally significant and personally monumental step in her life.

Sis. Gupta, alam q na kayang kaya mo talaga!!!!!!!!! You can do ANYTHING with His help! And you've got it :D totoo, sis. totoo yan. Tuloy ka sa faith mo kay Cristo. Posible ang lahat sa kanya. Alam mo yun. Mahal kita super!


Aaron, I don't think I need it... It still freaks out, but it's still working. It'll survive til August, I'm betting. You're the best! Thank you tons and keep it up! Happy bday to your Momma! :D

Love you, Gma and Gpa!

HAPPY BAWENTINES TO AWW! love, sis r

No comments:

Post a Comment