Monday, October 29, 2012

...I think WE got YOUR rain...


WHEW! And the rain rain rain came down down down...(2x)...(make that 80x)... GRABE! That was insane rain, I tell you! ..And the rain rain rain came down down down in rushing, rising rivlets... and the river crept out of its bed, and crept right into Piglet's! haha we sure got a lot on Thursday. It was raining pretty hard all morning while we studied and still rained as we went out to work.We were grateful for cool weather, but I prayed it wouldn't be too much rain, but just right, so we could do what we needed to do. Well, just right was A LOT. And pretty soon we were swimming home! ...basically. we still taught a good handful of lessons, but it got dark extra early and we walked through some big puddles to get to our last appt.. The really big surprise came when we came out of our second to last lesson and the drainage...river thing... had risen probably a good 10ish feet!!! Yeah, surprise! it was inches from overflowing!!! YUCK!!!
then when we went home, we nearly burned the motor out on the tricycle, getting thru the water in the streets... it was smoking something awful. and smelled nice and burnt. but we made it to where we needed to continue on foot. eventually we picked our route and headed out on the adventure! there was a house right by where S. Stromberg and i waited for Br. John and Br. Wilmar to test the waters. literally. they were really nice and wanted us to come in. we almost taught them. we need to go back to them. they gave us plastic bags to put our proselyting bags in. we began our loong deep journey in the mists of darkness... joke. but we seriously had to carry our bags on our shoulders with one hand and an umbrella in the other. the water got up past my stomach! it would have been higher had i not been on my tip toes :) it felt SOO good to shower! don't worry, the water didn't get in our apt. they keep it out of our housing area pretty well. we did get to help some members clean up their house. i was singing the rain song while we bailed water :) hehee.

It's been a good week and the work still is wonderful! But I feel President Stucki is very right in the email he sent us all this week. He feels most of us need to aim higher. He is asking us to set higher goals, pray in faith, and act in faith and diligence to better fulfill our purpose. He feels that for many of us, our purpose is not yet deep enough in our hearts. I know I have some faith to exercise and a lot more work to do--starting with prayer. That's actually been the hardest of work lately. I ask that as you pray for the missionaries, that you might pray that our prayers--and the prayers of all who are praying--may be strengthened through our faith. We're all in this work together, after all :)

That's FANTASTIC news from work, Dad! At Vulcraft :) I'm so happy for you and our family! And aren't kids the greatest???? I'm going to hold a million of them when I come home--just because I can!!!! I miss holding little ones so much.

I'm super bummed I don't get to finish my letter from mommy this week, but I'm printing it off with the rest so i can respond and appreciate more! I love you so much! I'm so glad boo had a good birthday! i'll be thinkin of joj. What a good kid! And my hymn for today will be ... wow so many good ones to choose from! this week i was thinking If There's Sunshine in Your Heart... and today I'm thinking Did You Think to Pray? maybe the second one's more for me.

Please tell Rae, Lou, Craig, and Aaron, that I will be working on their responses asap. How i love and appreciate them! Congrats to Lou on her race! Rae, I love you and I'm so glad you love and trust in our Father. It's all in his perfect understanding.

To Sis. Gupta: I got your email! Salamat talaga! Dun ka parin sa prayers ko, shemps. masaya ako na masaya ka! s stromberg and i are great! having a blast! our area is wonderful and we have another baptism November 17. mahal kita, dear nay! love, your anak

...

gotta go so i can be exactly obedient. that's my biggest goal this week :) I L)OVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love sis kylee richardson


oh! mom, my top invisaline is falling apart.. can something be done about that? i still have the fake tooth i set inside when i wear it. do they have the mold? i'm careful with it... sorry for the favors!

also, if there's room in a small/reasonable package, i wouldn't mind either texture paste (like bed hed stuff for hair) or some gold bond body powder. very handy here. go figure. neither one is something i'll die without. there are alternatives :)

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment