Monday, December 3, 2012

I had a sweet birthday :D

Dearest Alyssa and Becca... I'm so proud of you!!!! I'm proud of you, Louface!!!! You are so so sos sooosososoo great! You know I miss you like crazy, but i promise i'll work doubly hard for the two of us this week since you're a little out of commission for the moment.. you'll be in my prayers every minute and i know Heavenly Father will be there to bless and comfort and strengthen you, as well as all those who are worried about you. Keep smiling your beautiful goodness to all around you and keep your chin up, chin up, put a little laughter in your eyes! Wear it, share it, even though you're feeling otherwise... You'll be happy-hearted once you get it started, up with your chinny-chin --chin up! i lOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loads and loads.

Thank you for your wonderful example, family. you are the best in the world. I'm so proud to call you mine and so blessed to be yours! thank you for being an example of strength and light and love to me and to those here in the Philippines! I LOVE YOU!

Let's sing those great songs! i love them!

How was our Raisy's birthday?? How is everything?

Business is business: Let's get the nitty gritty out of the way here so i can get crankin' on story telling! I have a couple requests... Sister Stromberg would like the recipe for banana sour cream cake, if you have a minute... :) You're da best, Mom! and a wonderful sister in our ward realllikes cole slaw, which i know you also like, so i was wondering if you have a recipe for that as well? she would like to be able to make it.

Another note, Sister Dyer is going home and her parents came for a visit before she does... She is taking home a small package from me to you for Christmas! She'll give it to the Strombergs and they'll call you. THey live just in Logan, so if you get time when they're available, I was hoping you could meet up with them or swing over there to grab it? It won't be mailed unless you want it to... The only sad part is that other ppls' presents are in there too and if you wait to open it Christmas day, they won't get it in time. but if you open it before, it'll ruin the surprise (not like it's insanely cool). so if you want, you can ruin the surprise for you and separate out the other ppls'... or you can just wait til Christmas and extend my friends' cheer :) it's up to you! But there's something for Aaron, Craig, Ricky, Ashlynn, and Sam. There were of course more ppl I wanted to get things for. Sarah especially, because she's been writing me so much and i love it, but i just haven't had time to look for much of anything else. i will make sure i bring back something happy for everyone :) that's the plan.

On the upside, I had a sweet birthday :D on tuesday, S. Stromberg had an FHE birthday party planned for me!!! It was so cool! We played a game and shared thoughts and it was a TOTAL SURPRISE! I knew she had something underway, but i had no idea it would be then! the ward missionaries were out of town for my bday, so we celebrated early. And one of our returning families and a favorite investigator came! :) and my whole district! it was fun! and we ate cake! We still have some big balloons at our apt and Br. Wilmar gave us the strand of Christmas lights!!!! You know how happy that makes me!

What makes life even better is that we had 2 CSP (community service projects) last week! the first was on tuesday, when we went and layed out fish to dry for an hour or two. S. Stromberg has some good pics of that. haha and they took a sneaky picture while my back was turned, too! they made a slideshow for me as well :) hehee those clever people! Sister S is all over creativity!

The dried fish thing was really fun, but we need to do it again because we didn't get to do it for JohnMark like we were supposed to. they hadn't had fish come in yet at the right time, so we helped some other people.it was really fun and gross! it stinks a lot and we got really icky, but i loved it! and i'd love even more to help John Mark at his job. that's what he does every day! He will be baptized this month! he is incredibly cool! he's the one who came to my birthday.

then on my actual birthday, we had another CSP where we cleaned at a member's home with the other sisters in our zone and their district. it turns out, it was the home of our bishop's wife's sister! that was cool. they fed us yummy food after. and we ate dinner at another member's home after we taught another wonderful investigator, Tessie. That lesson was so good and the Spirit was so strong!!! And she is so... wow. She is really searching things out for herself in all the right ways. She is such a sweet girl. And then another member wanted to feed us! Crazy stuff!!!

Jason, thank you so much for the fun note and picture! haha that's so crazy! i'm FAMOUS! joke... how's your job??

A big thanks to Sam from me! We've been enjoying the chocolate and yumminess! Thank you so much!

Is aaron okay? I haven't heard from him for a couple weeks... I know he needs a letter from me but.. at least he gets news. how's he doing?

all my love, sister r

No comments:

Post a Comment