Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Families ARE forever!

Well, family, I have a lot to say--again--and very little time, so i'll do the best i can!

first of all: Happy Birthday, Joseph Kent Richardson!!!
I'm so happy you're all huge and 13 and such! Congratulations, buddy! and you share a bday with one of the coolest ppl we know! I hope you had a fantastic birthday--because YOU are FANTASTIC! How was it, by the way?? :D

next of all: Sunday night, while Sister Gupta was packing and such, i found out i'd be going to a different area for work until thursday, which was transfer day for some odd reason. i believe i said all that blub last time. so... i had lots of things to do, but i waited til sis verma and i became companions to pack up my stuff. working in her area was good. we had some super good lessons and ones i felt like i slaughtered. but she's very sweet and i ate yummy indian food with she and sister roofie (also indian, companion of sister mohrman--i know, crazy, right??? yes, she's american). and i also cooked for them. don't freak out. it was only spaghetti. but it was yummy spaghetti with vegetables! mmm.

next, i met my new companion. she is... exactly who the Spirit told me she would be! lots of times! but i didn't wanna say out loud. I did, however, tell Sis G at the temple tour saturday that I would love to be Sister ... Ronquillo's companion! AND I AM!!! She is amazing. in every way. no stretch of truth here. she's very obedient and she's Philippina! I was so scared to have a Philippina companion bc she'd be so good in tagalog and i'd feel so stupid. but she is so patient and sweet. she's also very strict with time, which is SO GOOD for me! i need that talaga! please pray for me. this is going to be a transfer of big changes. i am learning to REALLY trust the Lord in all things--and to trust myself and what He's given and will give me. I am learning, little by little, how to trust that I CAN DO THIS. because it is His work and He wants me to succeed. this will be a surge of true growth in myself, in the way i work, in the way i communicate with others, and in the way the Spirit communicates with me. She expects so much of me and i'm so grateful. And she's so beautiful and COOL! how lucky her husband will be!!! and she's right-handed! even better! lol she's so cool :) she only has a right hand. her left one is really small and cute with tiny little fingers. but she's capable of doing pretty much everything without it's normal functioning!!! HOW? she's just that great!

dang i super gotta go. but i want you to know that i am so grateful for your valiance, support, and all you are doing for me. of course i will be praying for these things, mom. thank you for working so hard to get that info for me. I love our family. hardship is the only way by which we grow. i know without it, we would be weak. without gravity, we lose our muscles. and maybe maree will share with you the things i said to her in her email. that says it better i guess.
dad, you're so funny and thanks for being excited to see me! haha i look forward to it, too.

i love you all so much! Cade and Anthony and all of you are in my prayers!

all my love always,

sis r

No comments:

Post a Comment